Tuesday, June 21, 2011

World Trail Champs Recce

On Saturday last I met up with some of my new teammates to run some of the course for this race which takes place in 3 weeks time in Connemara National Park. I'm certainly glad I made the trip because it acted as a bit of an eye opener as to what to expect on the day and allows me to plan how to tackle what will be a tough day's running.

Myself, Eoin, Dan and Keith set off from the disused farmers road that links Diamond Hill to the section on part of The 12 Bens. Being a 2 lap course I began imagining how this section might feel quite tiring the second time round. But with such variation throughout the course and some very high quality runners taking part (and that's just my own teammates, not to mention the competitors from overseas) there is a sense of excitement building about the race already. Dan took some quality snaps which can be viewed on his blog which I will post a link to later

Roll on the 9th of July

No comments:

Post a Comment